02 Jan Restorative Pain Management Therapies
Restorative therapies are designed to help individuals cope with every aspect of pain and how it influences their psychology and lifestyle. Many people choose this treatment option over medicinal and surgical intervention to seek restorative health therapies for intractable, acute and chronic pain. With its multidisciplinary and innovative approach, it integrates a combination of non-interventional and interventional care with facilities like rehabilitation, psychological counseling, lifestyle management therapies and art therapy.
Urgent Care La Mesa can help such patients get the treatment they want with the help of professional expertise in all restorative pain management fields. Some of the options available to patients include:
Occupational therapy helps in the following ways:
- Serves as an intervention for children who struggle in schools
- Helps those suffering from disabilities to participate in social situations
- Assists individuals regain from trauma and injury
- Provides support to adults in dealing with cognitive changes.
It is a customized service that evaluates goals and needs and designs activities accordingly.
Physical therapy provides services that are beneficial in the following ways:
- Maintaining, developing and restoring movement
- Maximizing individuals’ functional abilities
- It is helpful for people of all ages, who may be suffering from restrictive movement caused by diseases, injury, disorders and more.
Physical therapists work with patients to improve their emotional, psychological and social wellbeing.
One of the most common issues of society, stress can disrupt everyday life activities. Stress management therapy deals with the techniques employed by doctors, therapists, and psychiatrists to deal with individuals suffering from stress. Stress management therapy aims towards restoring their lives in a stress-free normal way.
Cognitive behavioral therapy
Cognitive behavioral therapy is a psychological treatment that supports mental health. It focuses on:
- The development of new thinking patterns and behaviors that help resolve unhelpful, painful cognitions.
- Deals with depression, pain management and anxiety during a physical treatment.
An age-old technique, acupuncture stimulates different energy points on the body. It is a Chinese medicine technique in which needles are inserted on these points through the skin. This treatment is beneficial because of it:
- Helps ease chronic pain such as neck pain, low back pain, arthritis and knee pain
- Reduces the frequency of headaches, prevents a migraine
- Is suitable for patients suffering from multiple chronic disorders
Acupuncture is provided to patients under the professional care of acupuncturists.
Medication transition program
Even while taking prescribed drugs, patients develop a certain amount of dependency on them. Developing a tolerance for opioids, human body starts requiring an increased amount of dose to achieve the same effect. This causes health problems, and withdrawal effects when attempting to discontinue use. To facilitate a transition from medication, the following services can help:
- Psychology and wellness sessions are conducted to reduce the stress on nervous system
- The therapy sessions are also helpful for patients dealing with opioid dependency
- Clinics also provide all forms of care that may restore the balance of body and brain