26 Feb What Is Physiotherapy? Physical Treatment at a Pain Management Center
If you have sustained a painful injury or if you’re struggling with chronic pain, a San Diego pain management center will probably recommend physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is a combination of different techniques that are used to help restore form and function to the injured areas in your body.
This article will explore some of the different things involved in physiotherapy. Once you have finished the article, you will be better prepared to approach your physical treatment.
What Is Physiotherapy?
The purpose of physiotherapy is to restore, maintain, and improve the function of your body. Some of the goals of physiotherapy are to reduce pain, increase your range of motion, build comfort and improve well-being. There are many different things involved in physical therapy.
First, the physiotherapist will want to learn about your condition and medical history. After diagnosing your condition and your needs, they will be able to prescribe you a treatment plan that will allow you to set and achieve goals.
They will then educate you about the exercises and activities that you will need to perform in order to restore function through your damaged body parts.
Physiotherapy is often divided into different parts. These different parts are:
- Geriatric physiotherapy, a treatment that is geared towards older adults who are hoping to improve the function of their body as it ages.
- Physical therapy for sports, which is designed to help people who sustained injuries during athletic performances.
- Orthopedic physiotherapy, which is designed to help people who struggle with musculoskeletal issues, sprains, or pain in the neck and back.
- Pediatric physical therapy helps to improve the function and ability of children and teens.
Do I Need a Physiotherapist?
If you are unsure about whether or not you need a physiotherapist, don’t hesitate to reach out to a doctor at a San Diego pain management center. They will be able to help you decide whether or not you could benefit from physical therapy.
Physiotherapy is generally useful for people who have sustained injuries or who struggle with chronic pain. It can also be a useful treatment for those who have gone through surgery.
Conditions That Physiotherapy Can Help With
Physiotherapy can be useful for treating injuries and detriments all throughout the body. Some of the most common uses of physiotherapy are for helping to improve the following conditions.
- Pain in the neck and back
- Difficulties with bones, joints, muscles, or other components of the musculoskeletal system
- Pulmonary issues, including asthma
- Chronic fatigue, lethargy, and lack of energy
- Lack of mobility and function in various muscles and ligaments
- Loss of motion as a result of degenerative diseases and conditions
- Chronic swelling, inflammation, or stiffness caused by a variety of different conditions
- Any issues caused by acute injuries such as car accidents
Physiotherapy is a very useful treatment for anyone who has undergone physical impairment or injury. Physiotherapy is a collection of different exercises and routines that can help you to restore function through any damaged or deteriorating body parts. Reach out to a San Diego pain management center to learn more.